Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What exactly do I need to be able to record shows that are on TV with my computer, and how do I hook it up?

I have a new computer with Windows Vista Home Premium, an Nvidia GE Force 7600 GS 512 MB graphics card with HD and S-Video outputs, and a Core 2 duo processor.What exactly do I need to be able to record shows that are on TV with my computer, and how do I hook it up?
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/鈥?/a>What exactly do I need to be able to record shows that are on TV with my computer, and how do I hook it up?
You need a TV capture card, this will accept input from a tv signal, then u use a Program to record the input, most capture cards come with software.
well first off your computer has video out capability and you need video in ..so you will have to get a TV TUNER card and then you'll hook up your VCR or just cable television or satelite the same way you would hook it up to your television then your new TV TUNER card will come with software that works just like a vcr and you will be able to choose what channel you want to record..just keep one thing in mind even though there are many different TV TUNER cards on the market try your best to get one that is made by MSI they are the best by far i have one and i use it all the time to record old movies that are only on VHS and put them on DVD for my parents..good luck and feel free to e-mail me if you need at roncaron@walla.com
There are two good options:





Either add a TV tuner and record on your computer:





http://www.newegg.com/product/product.as鈥?/a>





Or add a video converter box which will allow you to record any video source on your computer. You could even convert old video tapes to computer files:





http://www.newegg.com/product/product.as鈥?/a>





I have both!!

No comments:

Post a Comment