Wednesday, August 11, 2010

How to record & watch tv on my laptop?

Okay, I want to use my laptop to record tv shows and such. BUT, I am completely confused by all of the products that are on the market and I find it extremely difficult to decide exactly what I need.





Here's what I have:


A HP pavilion dv6000 entertainment notebook


wireless internet/router


Windows Vista


Here's where it gets confusing: My family has Charter cable in every room in our house. But the only room with a box is in the den. The rest of the rooms just have ';extended basic'; cable and we connect with a coaxial cable in the back of the TV.





I would prefer to have whatever device I buy located in my bedroom, so what would I need to be compatible with just the coaxial connection? Or, would it be better just connect to the box in the den? But then, would it interfere with the den's TV in any way? And would my computer have to be in the den?





My laptop came with preloaded software to work with a product called a Slingbox. Would the cable in my room be compatible with this? Here's a link: http://www.slingmedia.com/go/slingbox-so鈥?/a>





I know it's a lot, but please help me out! What all do I need, and what would ya'll suggest?How to record %26amp; watch tv on my laptop?
You just need a TV tuner so that you could connect to CATV coax.


http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/d鈥?/a>


http://www.everythingusb.com/pinnacle_pc鈥?/a>
  • Looking for a sample hosting
  • sba loans
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment