Wednesday, August 11, 2010

How do I set up my virgin media set-top box with my windows vista PC?

I am a bit of a noob with it comes to PC Tv Cards, so could anyone please help by telling me what kind of PC TV card I would need to record tv from my virgin media set-top box. I can get the compatibility list from vendor websites but Im unsure on on how to connect the two and what cables would be required.





ThanksHow do I set up my virgin media set-top box with my windows vista PC?
your best bet if you wish to record tv on your p.c is to buy a usb digital stick


these require no installing,except the software and simply plug into a spare usb port and then either connect the supplied arieil or connect a outdoor ariel


the software that comes with them allows you to pre set programs in a similar way to videos and recordable dvd,s,then you can burn the programs to dvd-rw/cd-rw with a burning software such as nero reloaded or roxio


a excellent digital tv stick is the FREECOM DVB-T USB STICK(http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/Sear鈥?/a>


as you can see from the link,this just plugs into a laptop or p.c and thats it,just remember to install the supplied software for the drivers and recording suite


good luck mate

No comments:

Post a Comment