Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Laptop / Vista?

I am going to be buying a laptop in January or February. I was thinking about the Sony Vaio S Series, but questioning the Vaio in general, how are they? If not, which brand do you reccomend? I'm looking for a multimedia laptop, one that I will be able to watch and record TV/ DVDs and such. About Windows Vista. Should I just get one with XP, then upgrade to Vista if I choose to, or wait for one with Vista installed, to ensure that it has all all the nessicarey componets to make use of the new features. I'm willing to spend up to $1500.Laptop / Vista?
i would say get a Dell(XPS or Inspiron). if you wait a little then they might sell them with Windows Vista installed on it.Laptop / Vista?
I would honestly wait for a laptop that has Vista preinstalled when Vista comes out. I have a desktop now that I have built just specifically for Vista using all the latest and fastest hardware and video capabilities. When Vista comes out, you should be able to find any laptop that can handle it preinstalled for $1,500 or less.
I just got a sweet Dell. As for the upgrade/install of VISTA, I'm getting it sent to me so I get to install it completely.
sony vaio is a good brand, as is toshiba and dell. compaqs are the cheapest. but most of my computers are compaqs and actually i have yet to encounter a problem with any of them..knock on wood...


unless you get a computer that has the most basic version of windows, windows vista will be free to upgrade to. so if you buy a laptop with windows media edition, you'll get a free upgrade to vista media edtion. but if you ever have to restore your computer to its stock manufactured state, then youll have to spend that much more time installing everything. microsoft did release a new bread of laptops that is definitly worth checking out. they are called UMPC's or Ultra Mobile PCs they are the size of an oversized Playstation Portable (PSP) and they have a touch screen. they are expected to hit stores at the beggining of next year. but if you run a search you can buy one from bestbuys warehouse.





http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?鈥?/a>





different stores have different models, not upgradeable yet though......next year
yes i would wait till they get windows vista on the new laptops i mean why spend extra moeny. And also take note on the hardware components they may add. Because windows vista will be a hardware hungry os. Hope I helped

No comments:

Post a Comment