Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I'm looking at computers on Overstock...what do you think about this one...for the price...?

Work hard and play hard with this HP Pavilion media center with 2.13GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor


This incredible computer features 2048MB of RAM 600GB hard drive


Desktop computer's built-in TV tuner and recorder let's you watch, pause, rewind and record live TV


Record hundreds of hours of high-definition digital video


This computer features integrated Optical Drive 16X DVD(+/-)R/RW 12X RAM (+/-)R DL LightScribe SATA drive


Features 22-inch LCD wide-screen monitor with integrated speakers


Includes wireless mouse and keyboard


Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition


Dimensions are 7.6 inches wide x 16.54 inches deep x 15.16 inches high





Our Price: $1,145.00








~~~~~~~~


Is it missing anything?


How much better is Vista than XP?


Which is better?


600GB hard drive is the biggest I've seen this price.


Can you suggest anything I'd like better somewhere else?


I like to use a lot of different programs. I do a lot of audio %26amp; video %26amp; photo projects.I'm looking at computers on Overstock...what do you think about this one...for the price...?
Have you tried http://www.ebay.com?





They got some pretty good deal for that similar specification.I'm looking at computers on Overstock...what do you think about this one...for the price...?
That sounds like a pretty good deal. I got something that's about the same for about the same price. The only thing that sucks is HP's support. I'm currently in a little thing with them that involves the Better Business Bereau. However, my computer works really well and is great. (I also have the TV tuner, and it's fun stuff and comes in handy!)





I like Vista better than XP because slowly but surely, other companies are adapting. At first, no one was prepared, but it seems fine now. Most people will tell you that Vista sucks, but most of them don't know what they're talking about. Also, a lot of people will tell you that it uses more of your system's resources, but it actually just uses them more efficiently than XP does. Not to mention, with that setup, you'll be fine.





I don't know what Graphics Card is in the setup you mentioned, but if you're going to be any gaming or 3D rendering stuff, you might want to check into that. But other than that it seems like a great deal, especially with that monitor!
I've not used Vista, but I've known several people that have said to not upgrade yet until all the bugs have been worked out. The computer sounds great. I bet you could get all that for less though. Try tigerdirect.com or ebay.com. I got my laptop off ebay.
HP sucks..get a Mac..if you must get a PC, get a Dell. Price isn't that great.
Not a good deal.


1. The speed for the processor is to slow considering it's core 2 duo. what is the type? it's usually started with E and some numbers.


2. average ram, what is the speed of the ram?


3. don't buy a system because it has large hard drive but bad overall. you can always purchase external HDD with reasonable price.


4. good LCD size


5. bad OS. nowdays with vista around, you need at least xp professional. By the way, vista is not good (I've test it before I return to XP prof.) it's too big and takes too much computer resources. with 2.13 GHz processor, expect it to be slow.





Suggestion, get a custom PC. there are usually local builders. they give much better price and specs.
I just bought a new Gateway in July this year. Dual core, 500GB hard drive, 2GB RAM (can install up to 4GB), all the bells and whistles, Vista Premium Home Edition, Windows Media Center. Don't buy a Dell; tech support is overseas and I had major issues with them. Gateway tech support is in the USA, at least it was in July. I got this system for $849, NOT on sale. Media Center lets you watch TV through your monitor, so I bought an LCD monitor so I could do that. It rocks. I'm on that old Dell right now, six years later, but plan to get a Gateway laptop in a few months to replace it. It still works, but boy, is Pentium 4 different from dual core!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment