Wednesday, August 11, 2010

TV Tuner - Recording - Leave Computer On?

Hey, I have an HP dv2610us laptop, and I just got my ExpressCard TV Tuner for Vista to work. I can watch/record TV just fine with Windows Media Center.





My question is: after I've chosen all the shows I want to record, do I have to leave my computer on to record them, or can I put it in sleep mode or hibernate or shut it down completely? I don't want to leave my computer on for the next...two weeks...but I can probably turn it on/sleep/hibernate for just those shows.





Also, about how big is a show (1 hour) in file size? I have about 110 GB of space left, and I don't want to fill it up too fast.TV Tuner - Recording - Leave Computer On?
File size: depends on what format you've got it set to record as, some formats use more space than others.





As for leaving it on or not, why not set up a test record and then turn off/sleep/hibernate the pc to see if it boots back for the recording? Maybe also check out the ExpressCard site to see if they have directions on what you need to do to get it working correctly.





I can do it for my TV card, but my PC is always on, so I've never even bothered to play around with it.TV Tuner - Recording - Leave Computer On?
you're hard drive has to be spinning to write files to it.











get external hard drive... or be smart and get an internal one to put in an enclosure

No comments:

Post a Comment