Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Can i watch a tv show recorded with Windows Media Center on my Windows XP PC?

i taped a show on my brother's computer running Vista. He has windows media center set up to record tv shows like a DVR. i put the file on my computer, but my computer doesn't know how to open it. it is a WTV file. is there any way i can watch it on my computer?Can i watch a tv show recorded with Windows Media Center on my Windows XP PC?
Two choices:





1) you upgrade to Windows 7





2) You convert the WTV file. Yes this is another case of software companies trying to keep material in there own format. Really stinks but I think we will be seeing a lot more of this. Go here for info on converting the WTV:





http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/02/convert-w鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment