Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I've asked this question before, but didn't get any useful answers...?

Someone told me I was too vague and that I need to clarify, but I don't know how much more clear I can be. Here's my original question:





I have Windows Vista Home Premium with Windows Media Center, which I use for my TV tuners. Each tuner has PVR so it will record TV as I am watching so I can replay, pause, etc. Does anyone know where Media Center stores the video that is being recorded with PVR? It's not in the same folder that my actual recorded programs are.





So the question is (more clearly), where can I find the temporarily stored file that is BEING recorded with the PVR, when using Windows Media Center? So a program that I am just WATCHING, and never told the computer to record (because it automatically records everything I'm watching so I can rewind, pause, etc). Where can I find THAT file... the one that is always being recorded while I'm watching TV. Does that make more sense?





It's not in the same folder as the ';recorded TV'; files. So, if I tell my computer...I've asked this question before, but didn't get any useful answers...?
I'd try to look at


c:\users\you\appdata\local\temp





edit: this thing doesn't allow the long path


I'll put spaces


c:\ users \ you \ appdata \ local \ tempI've asked this question before, but didn't get any useful answers...?
Hi,





This is what I found from Microsoft:-








To change where movies are temporarily saved








Windows Movie Maker uses a temporary file storage location in the following ways:


鈥?





When you publish a movie, the audio or movie file is held in the temporary file location until the file is published.


鈥?





When you record an audio narration, a temporary file is stored in the temporary file storage location, and then removed after the audio file is saved.


鈥?





When you publish a movie that you want to attach to an e鈥憁ail message, a copy of the movie file is stored in the temporary file location until the movie is sent successfully.


鈥?





When you send a movie to a tape in a digital video (DV) camera, the temporary movie file that is created is stored in this location until the movie is recorded to the tape.





You can change the default file storage location in Windows Movie Maker. For example, you might want to do this if you have a storage location that has more available disk space. If your hard disk has two partitions, you may want to choose the drive that has more storage space.


1.





Click Tools, and then click Options.


2.





Click the General tab, and then in the Temporary storage box, choose the default location where you want your temporary audio and movie files to be saved temporarily.





So I would suggest going to the general tab and see what is already typed in there.





You could then change it so somewhere more to you liking.





Hope that helps.





Arnak
First you need to set the drive ...





To set the drive on which to record all programs


1. On the start screen, scroll to Tasks, click settings, click TV, click Recorder, and then click Recorder Storage.





2. Click the - or + button under Record on drive to select the drive that you want to record to. The drive you select shows you how much disk space is available for recording TV content.





The Recorder divides the storage capability four ways: available recording space, live TV pause buffer, and recorded TV, and other content.








-----





Why aren't my programs being recorded? ? ?





Too many unwatched programs could fill up free disk space and cause future recordings to not be recorded. You might want to review your programs to see if they are marked as Keep until I delete or Keep until I watch. Windows Media Center will not delete these shows to record new ones.








for more information visit the link below :


http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows鈥?/a>








thank you :)
take a look in Recorded TV folder for TempRec, it may be hidden.

No comments:

Post a Comment