Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Do you think my pc is good or should I upgrade more?

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3800 dual core processor with AMD 64 Technology


(2.2GHz, 2000MHz system bus, 512KB L2 cache)


Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista premium


Chipset: Nvidia GeForce 6100


Memory: 2 gig Ram 400MHz dual channel, running two 1 gigs.


Hard Drive: 250GB (7200rpm, 8MB cache) I partioned the hard drive, 50 gigs for my C drive and the remaing for my D drive.


Video card is a Nvidia GeForce 7300 gt 512 megabytes


Tv Tuner card via pci port to record live television





I was thinking of upgrading my cpu, or is this enough seeing as how its still dual core and I'm running 2 gigs ram, also my video card doesn't use any ram. Also should I run two internal hard drives or keep my one 250 gig and just leave it partioned, which is optimal for perfomance? I have no need for more ram because only 64 bit versions of vista can read 4 gigs and up, I'm using the 32 bit version.Do you think my pc is good or should I upgrade more?
It really depends on what you're doing, but to me it looks like you've got a kick-b眉tt system as it is. It should be fine for everything from heavy-duty gaming to intensive work such as CAD and video editing.





The only upgrade you might consider is adding another hard drive if you're going to be doing a LOT of stuff with video (editing, downloading movies, etc.). Other than that, your system looks **more** than just fine. Enjoy your machine! :-)Do you think my pc is good or should I upgrade more?
the only thing i would bother upgrading is ur graphics card and maybe go to raid ... upgrading ur processor will give u no felt benefit unless u do alot of video converting or real processor intensive tasks ... however, going to raid will make the whole system more snappy .. and the 7300 graphics is ho-hum at best ... and oh yeah one more thing .. i would upgrade to XP and get rid of vista ...
Get the Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX, best graphics card ever. Period.
I was gonna say the processor could do with imrpoving but then i noticed it was dual core. To be honest I think that would cope with anything you threw at it.
I would say going to SLI if you are a gamer. You could get a new board to support that CPU that will also be a SLI compatible board. Get another 7300gt bingo...nice gaming rig. As it stands, I think upgrading the HDD to a SATA 3.0 drive would give you some benefits also. other than that, I see nothing....
To tell the truth, your spec is fine. The only thing that I would change/upgrade is the Video Card to maybe the 7900 or the 7950 or even better the 8600 or the 8800 - if you do gaming.





However if you just do surfing the web or word processing, your spec is fine.
You have a nice machine. Depending on what you want to do. CPU is pretty nice, no need to change. If you can afford it, an Nvidia 8800 would be a good move. Currently the only cards that support direct X10 (which you can use w/vista). Ram is prob good for now. No need for two drives, although a 10k rpm would be sweet.
  • Looking for a sample hosting
  • sba loans
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment